The Global Healthcare Travel Council (GHTC) is the forum of National Councils in the Healthcare Travel industry. With Senior Executives of some of the world’s leading Healthcare Travel Councils and Associations as its Members, GHTC has a unique mandate and overview on all matters related to Healthcare Travel.
GHTC works to raise awareness of Healthcare Travel as one of the world’s largest industries, supporting 100 million jobs and generating 12 per cent of world GDP.
GHTC advocates partnership between the public and private sectors, delivering results that match the needs of economies, local and regional authorities and local communities with those of business, based on:
- Governments recognizing Healthcare Travel as a top priority
- Business balancing economics with people, culture and environment
- A shared pursuit of long-term growth and prosperity
The Council regularly sets Strategic Priorities with a view to identifying those issues which most impede the operation or development of the sector. Details of the issues on which the Global Healthcare Travel Council is currently campaigning can be reached thru the GHTC Council Secretariat.
GHTC’s success in generating a climate of understanding of the importance of Healthcare Travel is based on its:
- High quality and authoritative research into the facts about Healthcare Travel, and into the issues affecting the sector;
- Ability to harness the unrivalled the knowledge and experience of the Council Members, who number the most prominent executives in the industry;
- Willingness to collaborate with other leading industry bodies in pursuit of mutual aims;
- Visible, timely and newsworthy programme of communications – including its famous Summit meetings – to inform discussions between the Healthcare Travel industry, governments, and large communities.